Thursday, May 27, 2010

Yardwork at the Mueske's

Last Sunday was a beautiful day for yard work and a wonderful day for Miss Larkyn to nap! We layed her down around 11:30 a.m. and she allowed us to mow the lawn, pick weeds and clean up our mulch area, plant our garden in the backyard and eat lunch before waking up around 2:30 p.m. What an accomplished day!
Shea started the garden on Friday by digging up the sod and getting the area ready. I also spent the afternoon picking out vegetables and herbs to plant. Saturday Shea and our neighbor Scott worked on tilling the soil and outlining the area with landscaping timber. Sunday was planting day! We look forward to tending to our garden and hopefully will get better at it year after year. Our hope is to be able to make Larkyn baby food straight from the backyard! We also look forward to teaching her about the garden and having her help plant and pick one day as well. I remember how much fun I had pulling carrots, green beans and peas from my grandma and grandpa's garden when I was little and hope to create those memories for Larkyn!





1 comment: