After a VERY long weekend of teamwork...the Sheetrock portion of the basement is complete! Shea, along with the help of Davis, continued hanging Sheetrock this weekend beginning at 7:30 AM on Saturday morning. They worked until 8 PM Saturday night only taking two meal breaks! After Davis left, I joined Shea downstairs and tried to do my part by cleaning up, throwing away scraps, and taping up air return vents, but it was nothing compared to the labor these guys have put in! Sunday morning Shea was joined by Pat and Davis again at 7:30 AM to hammer out some more. Mike joined the crew around 10 AM and helped Shea get a lot of the green board up in the bathroom. (I do my best to remember what everything is called and why this or that is done, but sometimes I just pretend to know:)) The helping hands were all gone by 3 PM and Shea continued to work, work and work! Kunze came over around 8 PM to help finish under the steps and throw all the scraps out the window. Shea took all the scraps to the dumpster and finally sat down tonight around 10:30 PM. I'm so proud of my husband and his determination and willingness to do new things. Though I haven't seen much of him this weekend because he has been living in the basement, he continues to amaze me every day with his abilities! He just told me he spent roughly 30 hours this weekend in the basement...that's ridiculous!
Davis and Pat working on the ledge in the family room.
Wow! What a difference...it looks like a house! Way to go Shea!
ReplyDelete