Saturday, January 15, 2011

Larkyn Kate is 10 months old...

It is hard to believe that our little baby girl is already 10 months and looks like she could be a toddler! What happened to the little baby we once snuggled with for more than 10 seconds!? Larkyn is a ball of energy and loves to move. She rarely sits still for more than a second or two at a time. Larkyn is enjoying eating new foods, walking and playing with new toys, and exploring new things (cupboards, drawers, steps, rooms, etc). Some of Larkyn's latest developments include climbing stairs, new sounds--"f" "t" and "vroom" when driving around little cups or cars, unpacking drawers and cupboards, dancing, standing without holding on (she drops after 5 seconds:)), and "singing" the ABC's with her learning table or one of us singing. Her favorite part is HIJK! She is also a very good helper around the house as she "helps" with the dishwasher and sorting and folding laundry.
Some of Larkyn's new foods this month include; tator tot casserole, oranges, yogurt with raspberries and blueberries, yogurt drops, crackers, cheese, pizza, and sausage. Her diapers have been quite stinky and sticky lately so we are going to hold off on the yogurt for awhile and see if that helps.

Larkyn's other favorites are included in the "Larkyn's Favorite Things" blog post below. (Her favorite things are WAY cooler than Oprah's:))

"I've had enough of this...I'm out of here!"

"Oh, a book! I love to read!"

"Done with that! Here I come MAMA! Oh wait...I don't say that word yet!"

"Hey Giraffe! You just keep getting smaller and smaller each month. Or am I getting bigger?"

The sign is now removed and placed up above on the picture frame on the wall. It didn't have a chance after Larkyn spotted it!

"Yay tractors!"

I quickly realized all I have to do is start laughing hysterically and she would soon catch on. Emily and Grace do it every morning and have her belly laughing in seconds. It worked really well for pictures even on a "Crabby Abby" night!

This was our attempt at measuring and getting a picture...not good! Still roughly 28 inches long, but thinning out a bit!
"What are you going to do about it?"

"Why don't you start measuring me standing up?" Hmm..Larkyn...you are a smart little girl!

"Not just another pretty face...":)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment