Larkyn and I met up with some of the mamas and babies from our Mommy and Me class at the zoo. We decided to get a zoo pass this year because so many of our friends have them and go pretty regularly. We were all meeting right around 10:30 a.m., which happened to be the time Larkyn needed to eat again. I had a bottle all packed and ready to go anticipating this would happen. I didn’t realize there wouldn’t be warm water in the bathroom to warm up the bottle so it didn’t end up being quite the experience I expected. Larkyn didn’t do well taking a cold bottle, let alone taking a bottle at all after being breastfed only all weekend. So instead of sitting on a bench fighting the bottle for 30 minutes I decided I was going to go in the bathroom to try feeding her. We ended up in a bathroom stall where I put toilet paper down on the seat, sat down (shorts still on), and fed her on the toilet! Though it was pretty disgusting and quite loud, it actually created quite the memory for Larkyn’s first trip to the zoo! After Larkyn was well fed, she stayed awake to see a few animals and then was out for her late morning/early afternoon nap! Needless to say she didn’t see many animals on her trip to the zoo, but got to see the beautiful cement walls of the bathroom!
The leopard kept pacing back and forth behind the window.
No comments:
Post a Comment