So the past few years (in December) we have created a calendar for our family of various pictures from the previous year. Because I am SO far behind, I thought I would post the collage I made per month and list some highlights of each month.
I was pretty caught up in January and February, but I felt that because it is a calendar of the whole year, I couldn't just start in March. So here are the collages from the first two months. I also started keeping a calendar on the fridge ever since Larkyn was born in order to write down various highlights throughout the month as they come up. It is way better than any baby book either of my girls will ever have! This calendar is sitting beside me as I update each month's highlights to ensure quality!
January Highlights:
*My cousin Kayce moved in with us for 4 months while student teaching for the spring semester. It was so much fun having her, and Larkyn loved having an extra playmate in the house.
*Larkyn loves her shape puzzles and names many shapes including diamond (sometimes even calls it a rhombus), trapezoid, and hexagon.
*Everything is "Larkyn need that!" when we have something she wants or she sees.
*Larkyn was very excited for the baby (Camdyn) to come. Every night before going to bed she would touch my belly as she gave the sign of the cross to it and say "Child of God. May God bless."
*Larkyn came down with a cold mid month. Poor girl had such a hard time breathing. One night before Shea and I went to bed we went in to check on her and found her sitting up in the corner of her bed asleep. (See the picture below...)
*When Grandma Debbie came to visit, we took a trip to the MN Zoo to show her all of the animals.
*Larkyn enjoyed playing in the couple of inches of snow we got last year!
*My cousin Kayce moved in with us for 4 months while student teaching for the spring semester. It was so much fun having her, and Larkyn loved having an extra playmate in the house.
*Larkyn loves her shape puzzles and names many shapes including diamond (sometimes even calls it a rhombus), trapezoid, and hexagon.
*Everything is "Larkyn need that!" when we have something she wants or she sees.
*Larkyn was very excited for the baby (Camdyn) to come. Every night before going to bed she would touch my belly as she gave the sign of the cross to it and say "Child of God. May God bless."
*Larkyn came down with a cold mid month. Poor girl had such a hard time breathing. One night before Shea and I went to bed we went in to check on her and found her sitting up in the corner of her bed asleep. (See the picture below...)
*When Grandma Debbie came to visit, we took a trip to the MN Zoo to show her all of the animals.
*Larkyn enjoyed playing in the couple of inches of snow we got last year!
February Highlights:
*Larkyn was potty trained at 23 months.
*A new song she learned this month was "The Days of the Week" to the tune of "Clementine". She usually got "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday" and needed some support for the rest. Another song she loved to sing was "inky do...I Love You!"
*"Mox" (Larkyn's imaginary friend) came to life in February. She claims he lives at Home Depot. We heard a lot about Mox and Home Depot for many months. The funny thing is Larkyn has only been to Home Depot maybe once in her life, but anytime we drive by it or come close to the sign she yells out "There's Home Depot! from the backseat.
*We took a trip to Wisconsin Rapids to watch Breally and Cayden play basketball. Larkyn was very content for the games and loved watching them play.
*Larkyn loves to play at the park, play dress up and pretend, and color.
*A new song she learned this month was "The Days of the Week" to the tune of "Clementine". She usually got "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday" and needed some support for the rest. Another song she loved to sing was "inky do...I Love You!"
*"Mox" (Larkyn's imaginary friend) came to life in February. She claims he lives at Home Depot. We heard a lot about Mox and Home Depot for many months. The funny thing is Larkyn has only been to Home Depot maybe once in her life, but anytime we drive by it or come close to the sign she yells out "There's Home Depot! from the backseat.
*We took a trip to Wisconsin Rapids to watch Breally and Cayden play basketball. Larkyn was very content for the games and loved watching them play.
*Larkyn loves to play at the park, play dress up and pretend, and color.
Awaiting the arrival...



No comments:
Post a Comment