Sunday, December 4, 2011

3 Day Cut-out Cookies...

As a child I remember always making and decorating cut-out cookies with my family.  This is one tradition I wanted to continue with my children as well.  This year Larkyn was much more into making and decorating the cookies than last year, and I can only imagine the years to come!  It ended up being a 3 day process as we mixed them Thursday night, cut them out on Friday night, frosted and ate them on Sunday! It worked out better in our schedule and that way I got Larkyn at her freshest moments!

Here we are mixing the dough.  The butter wasn't quite as soft as it needed to be so when we turned on the mixer, Larkyn and I got a splattering of flour all over us! 


Here is Larkyn stirring the flour mixture/dry ingredients.


On Friday night we rolled out the dough and used cookie cutters to make our cookie shapes.  We used a stocking, Christmas tree, star, gingerbread man, and an angel.  Larkyn was a great helper in cutting out and moving them to the pan to be baked.



On Sunday we frosted!  She got to frost one of each of the 5 different cut outs and put sprinkles on them.  I think that was her favorite part, other than eating them of course!  She waited patiently as I placed the wax paper out for her "workplace."


Careful to not get frosting everywhere, she chose her color of frosting and her cookie and got to work!


Ahhh...the sprinkles!  As she shook the bottle it got closer and closer to the cookie and usually got stuck on the frosting!


Just one little break for a lick!


Larkyn's cookies turned out great!


And she thought the same!


Nothing better than cookies and milk...


She enjoyed every last bite of her cookie...



And every last bit of frosting on her face!

No comments:

Post a Comment