Monday, November 29, 2010

Larkyn's First Thanksgiving...

This year we spent Thanksgiving in Wisconsin with Shea's family. We enjoyed a long weekend of spending time with family, looking through Black Friday ads, eating, shopping, playing games, and taking Larkyn to her first basketball game.

Larkyn "watched" the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV.


Larkyn and Aunt May May looking at the ads. Aunt May May is a Pro when it comes to planning out where to shop on Black Friday!

Did I mention we ate a LOT this weekend? Larkyn tried turkey, bread and jello for the first time. She also enjoyed mashed potatoes and squash!

Did I mention we shopped a LOT this weekend? This year Breally Kate wanted to join us for the early morning shopping spree on Black Friday. So the four of us, Shea, May May, Breally and I, were up and on the road to Plover around 2:30 AM. We began our shopping adventure at Younkers at 3 AM! We followed that up with trips to Kohls, Wal Mart, Lowes, MC Sports, Menards, and ShopKo. Charlie stood outside in the freezing cold to take care of our Target list. (Thanks for taking one for the team Charlie!) We got some great deals and had quite the ride home with boxes and bags packed tightly in the trunk and all around Breally and I in the backseat.

Charlie and Larkyn enjoyed some play time together.

The picture hanging on the wall is a picture of Shea when he was one year old. It is hard to see, but Larkyn definitely looks like her daddy!

I forgot to add Larkyn got her first taste of ice cream! She took a couple licks of a mint chocolate chip dilly bar.

The Cousins...Larkyn, Breally, and Cayden
Breally really had Larkyn cracking up...or did Larkyn have Breally belly laughing???

We went to watch the Langholff girls (Erica and Maisie) play basketball at the high school. We all wore Langholff Builder sweatshirts to cheer the girls on and surprise them! Larkyn even had a mini-sweatshirt to show her spirit! Though we only stayed until half time, the girls played really well and their team won the game.


"Mom, get out of my way...I can't see the game!" Larkyn loved all the action and enjoyed dancing to the music as well!


More pictures from the weekend...



No comments:

Post a Comment