We spent Christmas Eve morning at my sister Megan's house with her husband Luke, my sister Courtney and my dad. We (mostly Megan) made a wonderful brunch and spent some time catching up and watching Larkyn move from place to place all over the house. Larkyn got to open up one present from Aunt Megan and Uncle Luke. She was so much fun to watch. Larkyn was so excited about each gift...well more the wrapping paper, but always smiled from ear to ear!

"Wow Mom and Dad, look at my new ride! I am going to have so much fun
crusin' around in this. Watch out neighborhood boys...here I come!"

Courtney and Luke resting up for the big day!

Grandpa Jim and
Larkyn 

The fun continued at my mom's house Christmas Eve night. We went to church in the afternoon, had dinner and then opened up gifts.
Larkyn got many rides around the house from Aunt Courtney and did some walking behind the car as well.

"Thank you Aunt Megan and Uncle Luke! I LOVE my new car!"

It's our first Christmas together...of course we needed a family picture!

Luke, Megan, Kim,
Larkyn, Shea, Courtney, Debbie

My grandparents joined us for Christmas Eve as well. It was fun to spend the evening with them and share in the joy of
Larkyn's first Christmas!

"
Hmm...which one should I open first?"
Larkyn got a new pair of shoes from Aunt Megan and Uncle Luke. They are huge
Hawkeye fans so we can pretty
guarantee Hawkeye apparel!

It didn't matter what was in the boxes, Larkyn was just having fun being a part of it all!

Aunt Courtney gave Larkyn a basketball hoop. We were showing her how to put the ball in the hoop and let go. She kept putting her hand above the hoop with the ball but would not let go! We'll continue to work on this:)

Larkyn and Great-Grandpa Ralph

I guess it was a scarf Christmas this year...

Courtney trying out some of her new gifts. She scored a new pair of Hawkeye slippers!

After putting Larkyn to bed and my grandparents left, my mom, Megan, Luke, Courtney, Shea and I played Banana Grams. This is a picture of Shea's words. Poor guy just couldn't get any words to work. He had four words--toy, tub, bit, and top! I pretty much won every round. Must be the teacher in me...spelling was always my thing!

More photos of the day...
No comments:
Post a Comment