Monday, August 23, 2010

Mommy's Minneapolis 13.1

On August 22nd I ran the Minneapolis 13.1 (half marathon) with my neighbor Kelly and DeeDee, a friend of Kelly's. Kelly and I began running together in the end of June after she completed her first half marathon just weeks prior. Kelly ran the Rock 'N Roll San Diego half marathon in the beginning of June for Team in Training. She said she wanted to keep running to stay in shape, but I don't think she quite meant she wanted to sign up for another half marathon 11 weeks later! After a few short runs together, and very little convincing from each other, we were signed up to run with 8 weeks left to dive into some heavy duty training! Good thing we had each other, because I know I would have never gotten up at 5:30 AM to run 8 and 10 miles by myself! I am very glad I completed the 13.1 and had a lot of fun running and training for the event. Our fan support was great as well! I enjoyed seeing Shea and Larkyn, as well as Scott, Jack and Joey at different stops along the way. Shea and Larkyn even surprised me with a sign!
I finished in 2 hours and 15 min. Not too bad I guess...
Kelly and Kim



More pictures from a Shutterfly Slideshow...










Click here to view these pictures larger

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way to go Kim! I bet it was fun for Larkyn to watch her mommy run! :)

    ReplyDelete