Monday, July 5, 2010

Larkyn's first Independence Day...

I can't believe the 4th of July has already come and gone! This summer is going way too fast! We spent the weekend here at home, which turned out to be a fabulous time. Shea ran a half marathon on Sunday morning in Minneapolis. Larkyn and I were hoping to get to the race to cheer him on, but it was a 6:30 AM start and raining! Larkyn ended up sleeping in until 9:00 AM and Shea got home 10 minutes later! We were bummed to have missed his race, but hope to see him run again at the Twin Cities Marathon in October.

We spent the remainder of the day shopping, running errands and taking a family nap! Later that evening we went over to Mike, Katie and Luke's for dinner and fireworks. It was very relaxing and great to get the babes together again. Larkyn was able to get in her evening nap and was quite the trooper for the remainder of the time. She fell asleep before the fireworks and slept the rest of the night! I was a little worried about the transfer from her car seat to her crib, but she was awesome and went right back to sleep.

Some tummy time in her flag dress from Aunt May May.



Our festive jello cake dessert!


Larkyn and Luke
"Hey kid, yah, I'm talking to you! Get back here!"
Doesn't Larkyn look like a big bully?:)


"Who is this girl? What did I do to deserve this?"
"Isn't my dress pretty!?"


Larkyn is giving thumbs up with her big toes...just like her mama!


"Okay, we'll pretend that we like each other just for this picture!"


"I guess we'll pretend for this one too."


"Finally, some alone time..."


Our first 4th of July as a family of 3!


Mike, Katie and Luke's first 4th of July as well!

Larkyn and Mama


Larkyn and Daddy


There's the smile I was looking for!


We ended our evening watching fireworks from the deck.



No comments:

Post a Comment