Saturday, March 13, 2010

Welcome Larkyn Kate!

Well, we didn't make game night on Saturday! Larkyn Kate decided to join us at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 13th. She weighed 8 lbs. 0 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. I woke up Friday morning with some back pain, which turned into mild contractions ranging from 5-17 minutes apart. I decided they were so inconsistent that I would go to work and focus my attention on 5 and 6 year olds! Friday night, we went out for dinner with some friends and the contractions were coming on stronger, but still 5-10 minutes apart. We continued about our night, began cleaning up around the house (getting ready just in case) and ended up going for a walk around 10:30 p.m. My contractions were still 5-10 minutes apart so I decided we should just go to bed. If it was the real thing we would need the sleep anyway! We went to bed around 11:30 and I shot out of bed around 1:30 a.m. with a BIG contraction! That is when I told Shea, "I don't think we will be going back to bed any time soon!" After another hour or so of laboring at home, my contractions were getting closer (2-3 minutes apart). After a call to the doctor, we were on our way to Fairview Ridges Hosptial in Burnsville, Minnesota. We arrived just after 3 a.m. and by 3:45 I was dilated to 5 cm. An hour later and after more intense back contractions I was dilated to 7-8 cm and things were progressing well. The whole thing went so fast because the next thing I knew it I was dilated to a 10! They ended up breaking my water at 6:29 a.m. and we had a little girl at 7:00 a.m. on the dot!

No comments:

Post a Comment